Nintendo Download Highlights New Digital Content for Nintendo Systems - May 21, 2015
This week’s Nintendo Download includes the following featured content:
Nintendo eShop on Nintendo 3DS
Puzzle & Dragons Z + Puzzle & Dragons Super Mario Bros. Edition – Two puzzling RPG adventures await you! Rescue Princess Peach from Bowser in Puzzle & Dragons Super Mario Bros. Edition or defeat the evil group Paradox by battling enemies with the awesome power of Orbs in Puzzle & Dragons Z. Drag and match Orbs, and chain together combos to deal massive blows to your enemies. Then bolster your forces with hundreds of unique monsters in this two-in-one game pack.
Nintendo eShop on Wii U
Swords & Soldiers II – Sharpen your beard and groom your axe! The 2D strategy hit is back! Swords & Soldiers II is filled to the brim with gorgeous hand-animated artwork, endless replayability and heaps of good old fun. Command the Vikings, Persians and Demons as you conquer the epic campaign or face off with your friends in local multiplayer. Click here to view a trailer for the game.
Virtual Console on Wii U
Mega Man Zero 2 – Mega May continues with this Game Boy Advance classic! Zero must rejoin Ciel and the other Resistance fighters to stand a chance against Neo Arcadia. But when a commander decides that unsealing a dark, evil entity is the only option left, Zero will have to equip powerful abilities and weapons to turn the tides of war.
SUPER E.D.F. Earth Defense Force – In this Super NES shoot-’em-up, guide your special mechanized fighter, the XA-1, against the mysterious alien forces known as AGYMA. Protect the earth from the enemy invasion by using various high-tech weapons. Dodge enemy attacks as you fly through six areas of super-fast, side-scrolling action and intense firepower.
Nintendo eShop Sales
Nintendo eShop on Wii U and Nintendo 3DS
- SpongeBob SquarePants: Plankton’s Robotic Revenge on Wii U and Nintendo 3DS is 50 percent off until 8:59 a.m. PT on May 28.
Nintendo eShop on Wii U
- Bombing Bastards is 28 percent off (reduced from $6.99 to $4.99) beginning at 9 a.m. PT on May 25 until 8:59 a.m. PT on June 1
- Master Reboot is 50 percent off (reduced from $14.99 to $7.49) until 8:59 a.m. PT on June 18.
- Shiny the Firefly is 30 percent off (reduced from $9.99 to $6.99) until 8:59 a.m. PT on June 20.
Nintendo eShop on Nintendo 3DS
- Retro City Rampage: DX is 50 percent off (reduced from $9.99 to $4.99) until 8:59 a.m. PT on May 28.
- SpongeBob HeroPants is 33 percent off (reduced from $29.99 to $19.99) until 8:59 a.m. PT on May 28.
- Yumi’s Odd Odyssey, Harvest Moon 3D: A New Beginning and more Natsume games are on sale until 8:59 a.m. PT on May 31.
- Hello Kitty Picnic with Sanrio Friends and Hello Kitty and Sanrio Friends 3D Racing from Majesco are on sale beginning at 9 a.m. PT on May 25 until 8:59 a.m. PT on June 1.
- I Love My Little Boy and I Love My Little Girl from BigBen Interactive are 40 percent off (reduced from $24.99 to $14.99) until 8:59 a.m. PT on June 4.
- 3D MahJongg, Gardenscapes and other games from Joindots are on sale until 8:59 a.m. PT on June 4.
- Battleminer is 50 percent off (reduced from $7.99 to $3.99) until 8:59 a.m. PT on June 18.
Theme Shop on Nintendo 3DS
New themes this week include:
- Swapnote: Nikki and Friends
Also New this Week
Blocky Bot (Nintendo eShop on Wii U)
Journey of a Special Average Balloon (Nintendo eShop on Wii U)
Shapes of Gray (Nintendo eShop on Wii U)
Shiny The Firefly – Demo Version (Nintendo eShop on Wii U)
Stone Shire (Nintendo eShop on Wii U)
Vector Assault (Nintendo eShop on Wii U)
Samurai Defender (Nintendo eShop on Nintendo 3DS)
In addition to video games available at retail stores, Nintendo also offers a variety of content that people can download directly to their systems. Nintendo adds new games weekly to the Nintendo eShop on the Wii U console and the Nintendo 3DS family of systems, the Nintendo DSi™ Shop for the Nintendo DSi system and the Wii™ Shop Channel for the Wii console.
Pokémon Super Mystery Dungeon Launching Winter 2015
Latest Chapter in the Pokémon Mystery Dungeon Series Coming to Nintendo 3DS
Bellevue, WA—May 21, 2015— The Pokémon Company International and Nintendo announced today the upcoming release of the Pokémon Super Mystery Dungeon game for the Nintendo 3DS family of systems, the latest installment of the Pokémon Mystery Dungeon series that has sold more than 13 million units worldwide. Pokémon Super Mystery Dungeon will be available in North America in winter 2015.
Players can look forward to even greater, randomly created dungeons that change each time they enter. In Pokémon Super Mystery Dungeon, players will battle alongside Legendary and Mythical Pokémon to save the world in a sweeping tale of adventure and mystery.
The Pokémon Company International, a subsidiary of The Pokémon Company in Japan, manages the property outside of Asia and is responsible for brand management, licensing, marketing, the Pokémon Trading Card Game, the animated TV series, home entertainment, and the official Pokémon website. Pokémon was launched in Japan in 1996 and today is one of the most popular children’s entertainment properties in the world. For more information, visit www.pokemon.com.
The worldwide pioneer in the creation of interactive entertainment, Nintendo Co., Ltd., of Kyoto, Japan, manufactures and markets hardware and software for its Wii U™ and Wii™ home consoles, and Nintendo 3DS™ and Nintendo DS™ families of portable systems. Since 1983, when it launched the Nintendo Entertainment System™, Nintendo has sold more than 4.3 billion video games and more than 680 million hardware units globally, including the current-generation Wii U, Nintendo 3DS, and Nintendo 3DS XL™, as well as the Game Boy™, Game Boy Advance, Nintendo DS, Nintendo DSi™ and Nintendo DSi XL™, Super NES™, Nintendo 64™, Nintendo GameCube™, and Wii systems. It has also created industry icons that have become well-known household names such as Mario™, Donkey Kong™, Metroid™, Zelda™ and Pokémon™. A wholly owned subsidiary, Nintendo of America Inc., based in Redmond, Wash., serves as headquarters for Nintendo’s operations in the Western Hemisphere. For more information about Nintendo, please visit the company’s website at http://www.nintendo.com.
Eight Best Buy Locations Set for Nintendo World Championships 2015 Qualifying Events
Nintendo has chosen eight Best Buy locations across the country to host qualifying events on May 30 for the upcoming Nintendo World Championships 2015. Nintendo invites video game fans of all skill levels who are United States residents ages 13 and up to take part in the qualifying events for a chance to compete in the Nintendo World Championships 2015 on June 14 in Los Angeles during the week of the E3 video game trade show.
The qualifying competition will feature the Championship mode of the Ultimate NES Remix game for the Nintendo 3DS family of systems. In this mode, players will take on a series of three score-based challenges in Super Mario Bros., Super Mario Bros. 3 and Dr. Mario. Games and systems will be provided at each location, although Ultimate NES Remix is available now in stores and in the Nintendo eShop for anyone who wants to start practicing for the competition. The top scorer from each of the eight regional competitions will move on to the final event in Los Angeles, which will be a multi-round competition with a variety of Nintendo games. An additional eight competitors selected by Nintendo will also compete in the Nintendo World Championships 2015. Nintendo will reveal these competitors in the near future.
The qualifying events will take place from 10 a.m. to 7 p.m. local time at Best Buy stores at the following locations:
1717 Harrison St.
San Francisco, CA
3675 Pacific Coast Highway
10760 NW 17th St.
900 E. Golf Road
12905 Elm Creek Blvd. N
Maple Grove, MN
5001 Northern Blvd.
Long Island City, NY
9378 N. Central Expressway
2214 S. 48th St.
For more information about the Nintendo World Championships 2015, including the Official Rules for the qualifying events, visit http://e3.nintendo.com/.
Stretchmo, the Newest Game in the Pushmo Series, is Now Available on Nintendo 3DS
Starting today – more specifically, right now! – Stretchmo, a customizable new 3D puzzle game in the Pushmo series, is available to download exclusively in the Nintendo eShop on the Nintendo 3DS family of systems. For the first time in the well-received series, the first seven starter puzzles of the Stretchmo game are free. After trying the fun levels out for no charge, players can then choose to purchase passes for the game’s main attractions individually or as one of multiple bundles. The attractions and respective prices are as follows:
- Mallo’s Playtime Plaza ($4.99): 100 progressively challenging levels that introduce the basics of the game.
- Poppy’s Sculpture Square ($2.99): 50 puzzle levels shaped like animals and objects.
- Corin’s Fortress of Fun ($2.99): 50 levels featuring new gizmo obstacles and enemies.
- Papa Blox’s NES Expo ($2.99): A treat for retro fans that features 50 levels based on classic NES characters.
The following attraction pack bundles are also available:
- Bundle featuring all four attractions ($9.99).
- Bundle containing “Poppy’s Sculpture Square,” “Corin’s Fortress of Fun” and “Papa Blox’s NES Expo” after “Mallo’s Playtime Plaza” has already been purchased ($6.99).
- Bundle of the remaining three attractions after purchasing either “Poppy’s Sculpture Square,” “Corin’s Fortress of Fun” or “Papa Blox’s NES Expo” ($8.99).
In addition to pushing and pulling colorful blocks, the active verb in Stretchmo is right there in the game’s name: stretching. Players make their way through multiple puzzling levels by moving around blocks to reach the goal – even stretching certain blocks to extend them from every side. Players can even stretch the limits of their own imaginations and create levels in Stretchmo Studio, save them and share via a QR Code with friends and family members who also own the game! Stretchmo Studio is unlocked by purchasing any attraction pass. Additionally, different features are unlocked as players complete more levels throughout the attractions.
Stretchmo is now available exclusively in the Nintendo eShop on Nintendo 3DS. For more information about the game, visit http://stretchmo.nintendo.com.