Author Topic: How to download and upload stages  (Read 4201 times)

Offline Link-NM

• Hero of Time
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Personal Site
  • 3DS Friend Code: 3480-2973-5077
  • Nintendo Network ID: Link-NM
How to download and upload stages
« on: March 20, 2008, 02:24:34 PM »
This topic will tell you how to upload and download stages from N Masters by using an SD Card.

Uploading

To upload a stage from your SD, you need to first identify which file is the stage you want to upload and where is that file. When you insert your SD Card with Brawl data into your computer, you'll first see a folder named "private". That's where Wii save files are stored.

The path you'll follow for Brawl stages is "private/wii/app/RSB*/st/".

* = Letter of your Brawl's region. Example: for American Brawl, it'll be an E.

In this folder you'll see all your stages in the SD with numbers as filenames and ending with a ".bin". The first set of numbers represent the date when the stage was created in the following format: year/month/day .

The second set of numbers before the ".bin" are the hour and minute in which the stage was created in 24 hour format. And if you created a stage during the same time as another one you already had created, the second stage will have an added " (1)" after the numbers that represent the hour and minutes.

In Brawl, custom stages also display the date and time of when you created them, so you can use the date and time in the name of the file to identify which is the stage you want to upload. Now simply copy the stage you want to upload to your desktop, and add it to a zip file.

On this board, create a new thread for the stage you want to upload. This is the format you'll have to follow when uploading stages:
Code: [Select]
Subject of thread: [Name your stage]

Message Icon: Standard

Stamina only? [Yes / No]

CPU check? [Hu Only / Hu & CPU]

[Description]

[Screenshots (max of 4)]

[Optional extra comments]

And as attachment, add your zip containing the stage.

"Stamina only" means if the stage is completely enclosed, meaning that the game would never end unless it's a coin or stamina match.

"CPU check" means if the CPU can play properly in your custom stage without getting stuck or suiciding itself most of the time. To check this, start a brawl with at least 3 CPU players.

Downloading

To download stages from N Masters, you'll need to identify your stages folder in your SD card. The path for stages in the SD is the following:

"private/wii/app/RSB*/st/"

* = Letter of your Brawl's region. Example: for American Brawl, it'll be an E.

When you download a stage from here, it'll come in a zip file. Open the zip file and inside you'll find a file which has ".bin" at the end of it's name and a bunch of numbers before it. Simply copy that ".bin" file to your "st" folder in your SD card and you are ready to play in the custom stage you've downloaded.
Cards: ShowHide

Offline Zephyr

• Gordo
  • Your Lord
    • View Profile
    • Zelda Adventures
Re: How to download and upload stages
« Reply #1 on: May 18, 2008, 10:43:57 PM »
How do I get my SD card hooked up to my computer?

Offline Klown

• Gordo
  • The cake is a lie!
    • View Profile
Re: How to download and upload stages
« Reply #2 on: May 19, 2008, 04:26:38 AM »
How do I get my SD card hooked up to my computer?

Do you have a SD slot? If not then you must buy an adapter that goes through the usb. Yjere are some cool ones, like some that are a mouse/sd slot combo ive also seen one where they look like jump drives

Click here for our Discord chat