Author Topic: Status update of N Masters  (Read 555 times)

Offline Link-NM

• Hero of Time
  • Administrator
    • Nintendo Network ID: Link-NM
  • Awards Won first place in the Super Smash Bros. for Wii U February 2015 Tourney. Won first place in the MK8 weekly tourney. Members that played a lot of Mario Kart DS online. (>100 WiFi wins)
    • View Profile
    • Personal Site
  • 3DS Friend Code: 3480-2973-5077
Status update of N Masters
« on: July 31, 2018, 11:11:39 PM »
Here's a copy of the post I recently wrote at my blog.

N Masters will be going through some big changes. I still haven’t planned well what will be done but one thing I know for sure is that the focus on news is going away. It’ll focus more on being a community for Nintendo fans. You can already see the idea partially with how I designed the latest Card Generator for the first Splatoon. The whole thing needs an upgrade, though, and more games will be added too. There’s other plans and ideas for N Masters too but I won’t talk about them until I really define how it’ll all work out.

One thing I can say for sure is that the temporary account system that was used for the first Card Generators will be going away. Everything will be managed through the SMF account system, like it is done in the Splatoon one. More news about it will also arrive later, but the idea is that everyone who has an old card and wants to keep it will be able to login to their forum account and merge it with their current card. Also, leveling cards may not be a feature in the newest card generators.

PS. This board will probably become the site's announcements board. :P
(click to show/hide)

Offline Link-NM

• Hero of Time
  • Administrator
  • Awards Won first place in the Super Smash Bros. for Wii U February 2015 Tourney. Won first place in the MK8 weekly tourney. Members that played a lot of Mario Kart DS online. (>100 WiFi wins)
    • View Profile
    • Personal Site
Re: Status update of N Masters
« Reply #1 on: September 01, 2018, 01:25:07 AM »
(click to show/hide)

Offline wildgoosespeeder

• Poe
  • Tiers are for queers!
    • Nintendo Network ID: wildgoosespeeder
    • View Profile
    • RollerCoaster Tycoon Addict
  • 3DS Friend Code: 3136-7914-5601
« Reply #2 on: September 18, 2018, 09:24:28 AM »
There seems to be some loading issues with the cards, either by updating the existing cards (level up, change settings, etc.) or with new card generations:

(click to show/hide)

Just in case you can't tell maybe because this is something happening on my end:
(click to show/hide)
(click to show/hide)

Offline Link-NM

• Hero of Time
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Personal Site
« Reply #3 on: September 19, 2018, 04:02:38 AM »
Ughh, I see what you mean. Something must have silently messed up when the server got upgraded, probably a function that doesn't work anymore. Thanks for the alert, I'll try to get it fixed asap.

UPDATE: Found the bug. It was because of the server upgrade. Splatoon should be fixed now. Dealing with the others now.

UPDATE 2: All should be fixed now. Thanks for the alerting me about the issue.
« Last Edit: September 20, 2018, 03:58:50 AM by Link-NM »
(click to show/hide)

Offline wildgoosespeeder

• Poe
  • Tiers are for queers!
    • Nintendo Network ID: wildgoosespeeder
    • View Profile
    • RollerCoaster Tycoon Addict
  • 3DS Friend Code: 3136-7914-5601
« Reply #4 on: September 20, 2018, 08:05:51 AM »
It is fixed, but compared to the old version, the characters look a little squished together.

Offline Link-NM

• Hero of Time
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Personal Site
« Reply #5 on: September 20, 2018, 06:11:27 PM »
Yeah, I see what you mean. It's odd since the code hasn't changed at all. Anyway, I'll look into it. I'm almost sure that problem has to be with a setting that changed its default value.
(click to show/hide)

Click here for our Discord chat