Author Topic: Nintendo Finally Released Its Own Rechargable Battery Pack For Wii Remotes  (Read 3359 times)

Offline wildgoosespeeder

• Poe
  • Tiers are for queers!
    • View Profile
    • RollerCoaster Tycoon Addict
  • 3DS Friend Code: 3136-7914-5601
  • Nintendo Network ID: wildgoosespeeder

The problem is that they were 7 years too late! Nintendo DS came before the Wii and it came with a rechargeable battery pack so why not Wii? I HATE fiddling around with AA batteries! You want to know how much money and time I wasted just to find an acceptable 3rd party? I bought a NYKO Charge Station and it's a piece of garbage! It's the best I could find at the time.

The first Wiis were released as early as November 19, 2006 and the rechargeable battery was released sometime in summer/fall 2013 as far as Google has shown me with game industry reporting. It's more for people that have bought a Wii U that want to use the Wii Remote with it. It's only available through Nintendo's Online Store in black and not bundled with a Wii Remote for $40. Direct link:

[link]

I'm OK with the black only variety. I don't care as long as it works! I've always put more money down on 1st party accessories than 3rd party because of quality control. I do think the price for one battery pack with charger is a bit costly. I think it's worth $20. Buying four of these should be $80 and not $160 which would be more competitive with the $50 NYKO Charge Station Quad.

Offline Link-NM

• Hero of Time
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Personal Site
  • 3DS Friend Code: 3480-2973-5077
  • Nintendo Network ID: Link-NM
Re: Nintendo Finally Released Its Own Rechargable Battery Pack For Wii Remotes
« Reply #1 on: December 07, 2014, 07:22:55 PM »
Wow, they actually released an official battery pack for the Wii Remote? XD I honestly had no idea it even existed. And why aren't they even announcing it more? Really, this could would be very useful to a lot of people.
Cards: ShowHide

Offline wildgoosespeeder

• Poe
  • Tiers are for queers!
    • View Profile
    • RollerCoaster Tycoon Addict
  • 3DS Friend Code: 3136-7914-5601
  • Nintendo Network ID: wildgoosespeeder
Re: Nintendo Finally Released Its Own Rechargable Battery Pack For Wii Remotes
« Reply #2 on: December 07, 2014, 11:34:33 PM »
Wow, they actually released an official battery pack for the Wii Remote? XD I honestly had no idea it even existed. And why aren't they even announcing it more? Really, this could would be very useful to a lot of people.

I bought one of these just to try out and they seem to be very good. The batteries are holding a charge pretty well. After a week with the Nyko battery packs, they lost a lot of charge. Nintendo's don't seem to be losing the charge as dramatically.

Plus I can get the battery to charge without fuss. The Nyko Charge Station was super sensitive just to get the pins to connect and charge the battery. The slightest tap of the Wii Remote would shut off the charge light indicating the battery was not charging (three states of the LEDs: off, blue/charging, and green/complete). I even tried just holding the battery itself on the pins without assistance from the Wii Remote and nothing.

It's also nice that Nintendo thought about people that don't want to keep taking off and putting back on the Wii Remote Jacket. You have to do that with the Nyko Charge Station. The special jacket isn't black like a new Black Wii Remote Plus would come with and yet the battery pack is black.

I got around to buying one of these things. Just got it in the mail today. I'm shocked retail stores aren't selling these. Let's see if it is any better than the NYKO Charge Station. Something tells me yes because Nintendo never let me down in terms of reliability.

No wonder it cost around $40. What it includes:

• Battery Pack
  • Charging Base
  • 3DS Adapter
  • Special Wii Remote Jacket
  • Special Wii Remote Wrist Strap
  • Instructions
  • Help Pamphlet

Red is excessive IMO. I would have just been happy with the adapter plugging directly into the battery pack without the need of the charging base. I guess that is to prevent people from flailing around wires, causing them to be yanked and get frayed. I guess you could say Nintendo was trying to think of everything which third parties fail to do.

The instructions say the battery pack is good for about 500 recharges. Any more than that, full battery capacity drops to about 70% from when it was new.

[source].
« Last Edit: December 07, 2014, 11:39:21 PM by wildgoosespeeder »

Click here for our Discord chat