Trying start Phantasy Star Online 2 on two different platforms while making sure you carry over your progress can be confusing at the beginning. Instead of just letting you log in to different accounts, Sega decided to use an Account Link Code system generated by the server. So here’s a guide that explains how the process works. Also, while the screenshots in this guide may be using the Classic PSO2 menu designs, the menus and options themselves are exactly the same in the current version with New Genesis.
- Start first with your main version, the one you already started the game on.
- Start up the other version you want to link. Leave it at the Title Screen.
- On the main version, after you select Ship, choose Support option.
- Select Issue Link Code. Copy the code and exit the main version.
The next step has to be done in the next 15 minutes. Otherwise, your code will expire and you have to start the process all over again.
5. On the 2nd version you will use, after selecting Ship, the game will ask you if have a Link Code to resume progress. Select Yes and input the code.
If you did everything right, you should get a confirmation and your accounts should be linked now, transferring any progress you make.
If the code expired, restart from the beginning to get a new link code
Link-NM is the administrator of N Masters, Makendo Central, and aspiring indie game developer at NovaFan Games. His favorite game franchises include Mega Man X, The Legend of Zelda, and Mario Kart.